Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Mom Shaming

Recently there was a big to-do in the news about Meghan Markle and how she was holding her baby.
Granted, it did look a little awkward, but she is a new mom trying to find her mojo.

It's not easy for any new parent, so the last thing anyone needs is someone coming in and saying that you are doing it all wrong... because guess what... what worked for someone might not be the solution for everyone.

We need to stop this shaming people because they are doing this or that... it's obnoxious.  If you want to give helpful, not hurtful advice that is one thing... but maybe wait for it to be asked of you because everyone needs guidance sometimes, but be respectful and think would you want someone saying what you said to you?

It's very overwhelming bringing home that first child.  We as a society need to stop adding to that pressure, whether the person is a celebrity or not, it's a lot... your body just went through a lot to birth the child and your mentally and physically exhausted.  No one in that state needs to hear how she is dressing her kid is wrong or holding her kid is wrong.

The key things are, is the baby healthy?  Is the baby happy?  Is the baby safe and content?
If the answers are yes, then there is no need to interfere and add your two sense.

Just like this whole thing too with Jessica Simpson and Pink and their children getting their hair dyed "at such a young age."  Out of everything that a child could do - this is not a big one... could it damage the hair - yes, but so could swimming in a pool or blow drying...

I had two C-Sections.  Some people look down on that - that I didn't get the full birthing experience.  Let me tell you, I have heard about some of the horror stories that goes along with birthing a child, and I am ok with the way my children came into this world.

They are no less healthy or happy than a child that got shot out the ole birthing canal.  And me, well I have some serious scars, but I don't have to worry about peeing my pants when I sneeze, so I'll call it a win.

Be helpful not hurtful... we have gone astray from this... time to fix things.

No comments:

Post a Comment