Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Back-to-School... Already??

Back-to-School shopping is in full swing, reluctantly.  The stores have aisles and aisles of pencils and notebooks for sale, sneaker ads and clothes... but are we rushing it??

It wasn't even August yet and I saw the Back-to-School ads on the television.  Why is everyone in such a hurry to get on to the next thing?

We couldn't wait for summer to start, then we can't wait for school to start and Halloween thru Christmas decor will be up before you know it.  I actually saw Halloween decorations being sold already...  July 30th I went to the local grocery store and there were jack-o-lantern pumpkins with witch hats on...

Don't get me wrong, I love all holidays, some more than others, but I enjoy them and look forward to them, but it is exhausting constantly rushing to the next thing... Can't we just stop and enjoy the time we are in now, not a month or two or three from now...

Why must store put the added pressure on us to keep up?  It's hard enough making sure the kids are here and there and who is watching them and when that now I have to stop and get school supplies so they aren't all picked over and still have the items that I actually need to get per the lists.

Maybe I am a little more bitter about it, because I love the summer season and hate to see it being rushed through, or maybe I am just not ready to start packing lunches again... probably a combination of both really...


No comments:

Post a Comment